Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week 10 Thing 13 (Del.icio.us)

I understand that Del.icio.us is a social networking tool something like an online and shareable list of selected sites around a certain concept or subject. Sort of like a shareable My Favorites with an agenda.

For the person engaged in research it could lead to some valuable data. It would be like asking a dozen strangers who shared your interest what they knew about 'X' without actually having to go find those strangers or call them.

There is a sort of implied 'use at your own risk' as far as authenticating what you find. There is a kind of wildness to it I like. But I get the impression that to really use this tool for serious research you would want to devote forever to playing around with the never-ending findings. Personally, like most internet related stuff, it makes my head spin. But it could be interesting to use this for a variety of reasons if time were heavy on your hands. Or so it seems to
Amazed.

No comments: