Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 10, Thing 11 (Library Thing)

I discovered Library Thing through a friend earlier this spring. I have been keeping a Reading Log for about 6 years with the fantasy that it would help me with Reader's Advisory.

Fascinating as it was to look back over all those titles, which would otherwise have dropped irrevocably through some misfiring synapse, I found it increasingly unusable for spur of the moment advice to patrons because the information couldn't be sorted, there was no nice picture to help me with recall and the pages were starting to stick together.

I've so far entered only 133 titles which covers reading in 2002 but I plan on keeping up with this program. Time will tell if the electronic data is more accessable in a crunch, but I anticipate that it will be.

Amazed and Charmed

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/swolff

No comments: