Friday, June 8, 2007

Week 2 Thing 3 (‘Pixelated’ at the Base of the Learning Curve)

It’s a good thing I started my blog in May. So far that’s given me an extra two weeks to become hopelessly confused. I was so proud of formatting and registering my blog early. I should have known.

Despite saving all my passwords etc. logging back into Google to post my first entry proved problematic. I could find it but I couldn’t get back into Google to post or edit. Google utterly rejected all my entry words yet it stubbornly forbid me to create new passwords. Finally, with my supervisor's help, I got everything in sync. Entering the text for my first blog went well but logging on again to post a picture, I somehow edited-out-of-existence the entire post.

In the meantime, colorful, well-designed blogs were popping up all around me like virtual flowers. They had lots of ‘bells and whistles’. (That’s an old person’s term for ‘features.’) They were beautiful, sophisticated, 'metro.' I was awash in envy. It is unquestionably bad form to admit this but so far, fellow bibliophiles, I’m not feeling the buzz of achievement.

And then once I started typing an entry, I couldn't stop. Words, I have so many words. Apparently I feel that when I finally get the blog site post page, I better say everything that’s on my mind. After all, history indicates I may never pass this way again.

Soon I will go back to 23 things and face the learning curve again. This week-end, I’m in recovery. See photo above.

No comments: